Friday, April 11, 2008

Saying Good-bye and Getting Ready

Orange City, FL
58 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = High temp. 87 deg. mostly sunny, SE winds @ 5 to 10 MPH.

OK, lets go! I'm ready!!! What's the holdup here? So what if it is still dark outside? I've got lights! What? We probably won't be leaving until about 10:00? Bummer!!!!

Well, If we're not leaving until the day is half gone, I guess I have time to tell you what happened around here yesterday. First of all, Jim sprayed some more of that stinky stuff on my awning. He said that the directions on the can said that 2 coats were necessary. Phew! I'm glad that's done.

What? He needs to do my window awnings sometime in the near future? Oh joyous occasion!

About 11:30 Laura stopped by, picked up Linda, and took her over to the Mall in Sanford. They ate lunch at a Bennigan's Restaurant, and then went shopping for a few clothes for Linda. They found a pair of Jeans and a couple of tops that she liked. After they came back here, Laura stayed and visited for a couple of hours. That was nice.

Then it was time for her to go home. Saying good-bye is always hard because it's usually almost a year between visits. Although this year, we'll be back down here for Anna's wedding in August, so it won't be as long as usual.

After Laura left, Jim went out and drained my holding tanks and put away the sewer hose. Then he rolled up all my awnings, checked my tire pressures, and checked out my generator.

This morning, about all that's left to do is unhook the water hose and TV cable. Oh my itchy tires, I don't know why I have to wait until 10:00 to leave!

Did you know that Hacky-sack was invented in Turkey?

Thinking about you, Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment