59 deg. rain, no wind.
Forecast today= high temp. 62 deg. cloudy, breezy, scattered showers, SW winds @ 15 to 25 mph.
Here's those photos I talked about yesterday. This first one was taken from the road in front of my site.
About noon, RVs started coming into the park. Every kind and shape you could think of. There were pop-ups, truck campers, old and new trailers and 5th wheels, and old and new motor homes. They just kept coming all afternoon and evening. I didn't see any tents though, (probably because of the forecast of rain for the weekend), and not many kids.
I really get a kick out of watching some of the week-end campers set up their sites. Some of them bring everything!! They have large grills, lawn chairs, tables, ground mats, and lights hanging from their awnings and RVs. One guy even has 2 "pinkus flamingus" on his site. I thought those things were only put out on the lawns down in Florida!
I don't think there will be too many parties this weekend though. It is raining now, and by the forecast, it sounds like it's going to rain most of the day. I just hope it quits by tomorrow, so I don't have to travel into Portland in the rain.
Did you know that there is a true-to-size replica of Stonehenge here in Maryhill?
It's only a few miles from the CG, and if it stops raining, Jim and Linda are going to go and see it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment