Virginia Beach, VA
64 deg. clear, light SW breeze.
Forecast today = high temp. 86 deg, clear, SW wind @ 10 to 15 mph.
I know, I didn't post and entry yesterday, but I really didn't have anything to write about. About the only thing that happened Sunday was that Jim cooked some steaks on his little grill for dinner. Joe, Nancy, and the girls were busy with things that they need to get done around the house on weekends, when they're not working or going to school. Yesterday, everyone was working or going to school, and the only thing happened was that they all got together for dinner.
Jim says he remembers that time in his life when he would work all week, and then on the weekends he would be mowing, trimming, planting, weeding, or repairing something on or in the house. And then, there were the remodeling projects, hobbies, or working on the cars! In fact, he says that he was so busy trying to take care of all his "stuff" that he really didn't enjoy that "stuff".
I wonder what it is about humans that makes them want to collect all those things. They work and work to get it, and then work and work to maintain it and keep it. For the most part, they are so busy working that they don't have time to enjoy any of it. For instance, they landscape their yards and then spend so much time working on it that they don't have time to sit back and enjoy it.
One of the big news items around Virginia Beach, has been the 90 degree weather we've been having. It's way to early in the season to be having temperatures that high, and it's normally it's around 70 at this time of the year. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to change though, and of course that means a cold front is coming through, which will probably bring rain and possibly storms.
Well, I'd better go. I've been rambling on long enough.
I hope you have great day, wherever you are. :-)
Did you know that the duckbill platypus can store as many as 600 worms in the pouches of its cheeks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment