Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Picnic, Some Photos, and The Last Time

Apex, NC
68 deg. overcast, light rain, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 68 deg. cloudy, 90% chance of rain, temps falling to the low 50's this afternoon, winds becoming N. at 10 to 20 mph.
.
Mike brought the girls out here to see me yesterday afternoon, and again, I think a good time was had by all.
.
Jim took a few photos, and this first one is of Brenna fooling around. Jim snapped this one of Savanna sitting on Mike's lap. Savanna is going through a stage where she doesn't want anyone to take her picture, so Jim took it when she wasn't looking. :-)
The weather was really questionable at times. In fact it started raining at one point in the morning while Jim was getting the grill set up and the lawn chairs out, but by the time Mike and the girls arrived, (just a little after noon), the sun was shining and it stayed nice for the rest of the afternoon. We were lucky though, because some showers passed both to the East and West of us during the afternoon.
.
For lunch, Jim grilled some burgers on the grill for Mike, Linda and himself and Mike nuked some hot dogs in my microwave for the girls. Linda made some corn, and a brownie/cherry desert.
.
It all sure looked good to me.
.
About 4:30 Mike and the girls left to go back home. I'm sure that this will be the last time that I see them until we get back here again. I'm sure glad that they were able to come out to see me. I really enjoy having them around. :-)
.
Today, Mike and his family are going to be busy all day, so Jim and Linda won't be going over there. Being that the weather is supposed to be pretty nasty today, I doubt if Jim and Linda will be doing much. I think they're really wanting to go to a grocery store before we leave here, but there's nothing important that they need to get, so maybe they'll just go to the convenient store down at the corner, and pick up some bread and milk.
.
Did you know that in July of 2007, Money magazine ranked Apex #14 on its list of the nations top 100 small towns?

No comments:

Post a Comment