Sunday, November 22, 2009

Groceries and Packing Them Away

Orange City, FL.
65 deg., overcast, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 82 deg. mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. E. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.

Jim and Linda took CLT, (Cute Little Truck), and headed to the Winn Dixie in Deltona yesterday morning. By a little after noon, they were back here putting away all the groceries they had bought.

I don't know why it is, but humans always seem to think RVs have more storage space than they do. Every time Jim and Linda go shopping they bring back more groceries than will easily fit into my cabinets and other storage areas, and from what I've heard from other RVs, they're not alone! It seems that they always have to repack the merchandise or re-arrange a cabinet to get everything in, and sometimes, there's just not room for everything. It sits on the floor or counter top until there's room, or gets used. :-(

Jim and Linda seem to especially have difficulties with my freezer space. They like to have different types of meat to grill or cook, Jim likes to have extra lunch meat for sandwiches in there, and then there are the frozen biscuits and vegetables that Linda likes to have on hand. And.... we can't forget the ice cream for Linda. ;-)

Oh well, they always seem to get everything packed away one way or another, and I sure don't want to be complaining, because I can still remember what it was like, sitting in that used RV lot before Jim and Linda bought me. I didn't have anything in my fridge, or in any of my cabinets or storage areas, and I'm here to tell you, it sure didn't feel good.

Talk about an empty feeling!!!! :-(

So.... bring on those groceries and other items to be stored in me. We'll get them in somehow, and I won't complain one little bit.

It just feels so good to be needed. :-)

Did you know that of the Pilgrims who sailed on the Mayflower in 1620, only half had survived by the fall of 1621? Thankful to be alive they decided to give a thanksgiving feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment