Friday, October 29, 2010

Gin And Syl Come To Visit

Apex, NC.
52 deg. partly cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 63 deg. clear, NW winds @ 10 to 15 mph.

Before our company came yesterday morning, Jim and Linda finished getting the inside of me presentable and then Linda baked some brownies while Jim went outside and rolled out my awning, put the table cloth and seat covers on the picnic table and swept the leaves and twigs off of the patio mat.

About 11:30, an SUV pulled up in front of my site and backed into the area in front of CLT.

Yep, it was  Gin and Syl !!!  And, they brought food!!!

What kind of food, you ask?  Well, they stopped by a barbecue place on the way here and picked up some pulled pork, fried chicken, potato salad, cold slaw, hush puppies and sweet tea!!!

A real Southern meal!!! Thanks, Gin and Syl! :-)

Now, of course I didn't have any of the food, but it sure smelled good, and everyone seemed to really enjoy everything that they brought!!

After they finished eating everyone came inside of me and talked and talked and talked! In fact they all talked until almost 5:00!! What did they talk about? Well, almost everything they talked about had something to do with full-timing. You see, Gin and Syl are well on their way to going full-time next year, and have already sold a bunch of their stuff and are downsizing their belongings as much as possible.

After h and h, Jim and Linda put a few things away, grabbed a sandwich for their evening meal and then just watched TV until bedtime.

Another great day with great people. I'm looking forward to seeing them again next spring at the RV Dreams Rally. :-)

Jim took a photo of Gin and Syl when they were here yesterday, but for some reason, I can't get it to load to this post this morning. Sorry about that. I'll try to get it on tomorrow's post. :-(

Did you know that Halloween candy sales average about 2 billion dollars annually in the United States?

2 comments:

  1. I love hush puppies, I haven't had them for a long time, now I'm craving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrddin you certainly are a handsome fella, and we really did enjoy the visit with Jim and Linda. What a wealth of knowledge! Safe travels always...

    Syl snd Gin

    ReplyDelete