DeBary, FL.
29 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 58 deg. partly cloudy, N. wind @ 5 mph.
Well, I've made a decision not to talk much about the weather. You see, this morning, I've checked the heading on a whole bunch of blogs that I follow, (but haven't read yet), and almost everyone seems to be talking about how cold it is, so I don't think I need to bore you with any more of the same.
I'll just say that it's pretty dang cold here in DeBary, and I don't think anyone around here is too happy about it. :-(
After lunch yesterday, Jim and Linda took CLT (Cute Little Truck), and headed over to the Staples store to pick up a few things. Jim got a new Streets and Trips program for this computer, (they were on sale), a new phone case to carry the cell phone on his belt, and Linda got some green and red pens for use during the Christmas season.
Besides going to the store, Linda has been very busy trying to get everything ready for Christmas. You see, all the gifts, (except the ones for Laura and her family), will have to shipped out either by mail or UPS. That means there will be presents going to VA, NC, IL, WI and OR. Plus, Linda sends out a lot of Christmas cards, so they have to be filled out and mailed also.
Well, anyway, being that Linda has been so busy, Jim suggested that they go out to eat so she wouldn't have to fix anything here. Needless to say, Linda liked that idea very much, so it was decided that they would head over to the Pier 16 Seafood Restaurant in Orange City. :-)
Again they had a very nice meal. Pier 16 is one of their favorite Seafood restaurants in the area. Both the food and the service were very good as usual.
After they returned here to the park, Linda continued working on some of her embroidery projects, (they're going to be Christmas presents), while watching TV, and Jim played around with the computer and watched TV.
Did you know that the lowest recorded temperature in the United States was -79.8° F / -62.1° C, at Prospect Creek, Alaska, 23 January, 1971?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope my name is on that Christmas Card List!!!!
ReplyDelete