Tuesday, June 7, 2011

AARRRRRRGGG!!!!!!!!

Rantoul, IL.
73 deg. clear, SW wind @ 8 mph.
Forecast today = Sunny and hot. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Heat index readings around 100.

AARRRRRRGGG!!!!!!

Nathan, the appliance repair guy, came yesterday about noon to repair my oven. After taking it out and placing it on the picnic table outside, he took it all apart to install the new parts that had been sent from the Sharp factory. Once he got the thing apart, he found yet another switch that was broken!!!!! So, , , , , he got back on the phone, called the gal at Sharp and found out that this was a common problem that they've been having with this model. In fact they said that's probably what caused the problem in the beginning!!!!!

Now, I have ask, If they're having a problem with that switch and it usually causes the problem with the other part that was already ordered, why didn't they just sent that switch right away too???????

Noooooooooo!!!!! They couldn't do that!!!!!! So now we have to wait for another 3 or 4 days for that part to come!!!!!!

Now the questions are - - Will the parts come in and the oven be repaired before the Newmar is ready? If not, what happens with the RV dealer when he finds out that I don't have an oven???? Will it be OK with the dealer to take me in on trade and then wait for Nathan to bring the oven to the dealership and install it????? Who will pay Nathan to take the oven all the way to the dealer to install it?????

I don't know the answer to any of those questions!!!! AARRRRRRGGG!!!!!!!!!

On top of all of this, it's been in the mid 90's here for the last few days and the forecast is for the mid to upper 90's for the next couple days!!! And, do you know what happens after 4 or 5 days of very hot and humid weather in the Midwest, at this time of year?  

Yep, storms!!!!! Usually severe!!!!  They're already forecasting possible storms for late Thursday!!!!

Just what I need!! :-(

Sorry about this negative post, but I just had to vent this morning. I'm sure this will all work out one way or another, but right now things are not looking good. :-(

Did you know only two states have record highs no greater than 100 degrees? These are Alaska and Hawaii.

5 comments:

  1. Vent away....you have every reason to!! We will keep our fingers crossed that all things work out in just the right amount of time and those storms hold off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there....it will all work out one way or another. When you're in your new home, with everything organized, this day will just be a memory! Easy for me to say....I'm not living it!!

    Good luck!

    Selene, NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave from IL BunchJune 7, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    But the storms will bring us cooler weather. Come on storms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since the oven is out, maybe you could keep the oven at the campground until it gets fixed, and then return it to the dealer once it is repaired. I'm sure the dealer can get someone to put it back in. The warranty is more than likely only for the original owner. Just an idea.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well....there's one good thing...it's too hot to cook anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete