Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11, Shopping, and Heading West

Pagosa Springs, CO. El. 7126'
38 deg. partly cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 67 deg. mostly cloudy, 40% chance of showers, SW winds @ 10 to 15 mph.

9-11 Do you remember that day? I hope you do, and I hope you never forget! I know I will never forget. I can still see that 2nd plane crashing into the Trade Center, and then, watching as the 2 towers came crashing down, killing all of those people. Then, we found out about the Pentagon and those other people in Pennsylvania!! We must never forget or let down our guard. It could happen again!!!

Yesterday was shopping day for Jim and Linda. On the way into town they found a produce stand where they bought some sweet corn and some other vegetables. Then they stopped at a neat little store where they found some nice gift items to use for Christmas presents. The next stop was at a bakery where they picked up some bread and a few other items. The final stop was at the City Market store for groceries they have used since we have been here.

Whew, I'm tired just writing about it!

Oh, after all that shopping, they also checked out a gas station to make sure there was enough room for Jim to get me in and out of it. That's good, because I haven't had a drink of good old #2 since way back in Texas, and I'm getting thirsty!!

Today, we'll continue heading West. I don't know just how far we'll get, but it's time to head someplace where we'll be at a lower elevation. It's starting to get pretty chilly, especially at night, up here at the 7000' level.

Did you know that Katherine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim & Linda,
    We're the "other couple" that worked with Howard & Linda at the ranch. Sorry we missed you by one day but glad you enjoyed the ranch. It is beautiful, isn't it.
    We're now heading south to the Tucson area for Doug's medical treatments. Hope to see you down the road. JoAnn, Doug & Fillmore Dubrouillet
    Our blog is www.mytripjournal.com/ourdream
    email: dougjoann7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're RV-Dreams folks too from the Branson Rally. Cute way to write your blog! I'm sure you got lots of hits after being on H&L's blog. We just left Pagosa and visiting with H&L and got to meet Doug and JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete