Sunday, September 14, 2008

Arches N. P. and My 10 Foot Travel Day

Moab, UT. El. 4026'
50 deg. clear, S. wind @ 5 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 85 deg. sunny, light southerly winds, 0% chance of rain.

As you can see by the photos below, Jim and Linda took CLT (Cute Little Truck), and headed to the Arches National Park, yesterday. CLT said that he never saw anything like it. He said that everywhere you looked there were interesting and beautiful formations, and before he was very far into the park, he already had a scenery overload. :-) The way I understand it, there are many viewpoints where you can pull off of the road to look at the scenery and take photos. CLT says that many were full though, so all he could do was drive by slowly, so Jim and Linda could see the attraction.
When Jim and Linda came back here to the park they were talking about how beautiful the park was, and how well they could see many of the sites from CLT or within a short distance of a parking area. Of course if you can walk a lot or are into hiking, there is much more to see, but even if you can't, be sure to take time to visit this park. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about my travels yesterday. At 9:46, Jim fired up my engine and moved me back farther in my site. It was 9:48 when I arrived to my new position, so I was on the move for 2 minutes and traveled about 10'.
The reason for my move? Well, when we originally pulled into this site, Jim pulled me as far forward as possible to get me closer to the utilities and to take advantage of some shade from a small tree. Well, that was fine, but I couldn't really get level because of the slope of the front part of my site. Jim thought it would be OK, but after one night, he decided that I was not level enough. So, get me to a more level area, he backed me up a little.

Now I'm level and everyone is happy! :-)
Did you know that Utah has 5 National Parks, 7 National Monuments, and 2 National Recreation Areas?

No comments:

Post a Comment