Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Rainy Morning and Laura Brings Me Presents

Orange City, FL.
46 deg. clear, NW wind @ 8 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 69 deg. mostly sunny, NE winds @ 10 to 15 mph.

It rained until about noon yesterday and then it was cloudy and misty until about 3 in the afternoon, when the sun finally started peeking from behind the clouds. Jim was outside for awhile, but it wasn't very nice even after the sun came out because of the low temperatures and wind.

Laura called in the middle of the afternoon to make sure Jim and Linda were around and not busy because she wanted to stop by for a little while. She had been out doing some shopping and was in the area. I think it was about 4:00 when she got here and she stayed for about an hour and a half. :-)

OH, and Laura brought me a couple presents!!! If I can, I'll get Jim to take a photo of them today and post it here tomorrow!!

For dinner, Linda heated up some left-over beef stew that she had made a couple of days ago. Jim says it's a funny thing about home made beef stew, it lots of times tastes even better after it's heated up for the second time, and it was really good the first time! :-)

Don't know what's going on today. I do know that Laura is not working this weekend, so maybe Jim and Linda will be getting together with her and Lindsey. The weather looks like it will be much better, so Jim may try to get some outside stuff done, but I don't know, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

In any case, I'll let you know on my next blog post. ;-)

Did you know that it was on this date in 1955 that the federal government standardized the size of licence plates throughout the United States?

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning... Your Christmas tree is so cute... I know your getting that liquid gold there in the Sunshine State but it is still better then snow Right??? We'll be coming back home to Pinnelas County next winter... It is cold where we are now... if it rained we'd have snow...ha ha Can't wait to see the pictures of your surprise... Have Fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete