Virgina Beach, VA.
42 deg. clear, N. wind @ 6 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 64 deg. sunny and breezy, with NW wind @ 15 to 20 mph.
Good news!!! The pharmacist at the Walgreen's here in Virginia Beach got Linda's prescriptions straightened out!! He called the Walgreen's in Deltona, FL. where Linda had taken the scripts from the doctor, and told them that there should be another prescription for Linda that was not on the computer. Well, they went through that days scripts and found it! Evidently someone had missed it and had not entered it. So, they put it into the computer and then the pharmacist here was able to fill it. The whole process took about 1/2 an hour, but now everything should be OK. :-)
After finishing at Walgreen's, CLT took Jim and Linda to a bank where they got some extra cash to have with them while we travel. When we're traveling, most all businesses take credit cards, but once in awhile you need cash. So, they've found it best to have a fairly large sum of money along.
I keep it nice and safe for them in my built in safe. :-)
For dinner, Jim and Linda went into the house and ate leftovers from the great meals that Nancy has prepared the last few days. There was plenty for everyone, and Jim and Linda both said that it all tasted very good. Then, after eating, they visited with Joe and Nancy for awhile before coming back out here and watching TV until bedtime.
Yesterday, Paul and Shirley left a comment on this blog. In the comment, they said that they liked my blog and wish they had the nerve to start one of their own.
Well, I'd like to encourage them and any other of my readers to go ahead and start one as soon as possible. I found it was very easy to do with Blogger. I think most people are afraid that they won't be able to think of things to write about, or they don't think what they write about will be interesting to the readers.
When I started this blog, it was strictly to inform family and a few friends about our travels, and to let them know where we were. You see, every time Jim or Linda talked to them on the phone, some of the first questions were, "Where are you now?" and "What have you been doing?" So, to keep everyone informed, the blog was started. It also turned out to be kind of like a Journal for Jim and Linda to look back on, to see what happened on certain days or in certain places.
It really makes me happy to know that other people find it interesting as well, and I really enjoy it when people write and tell me that they do. I know that what I write doesn't appeal to everyone, but that's OK. It was never meant to
As for what to write about, many times when I fire this computer up in the morning, I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm going to say. I just start with where we are, (I don't know why anyone cares, but they all seem to ask), the weather, and then go on to what happened since I last posted. Once in awhile, I come up with funny or strange things, but most times I just write about our adventures, or in many cases the lack of adventure. If things go wrong or right, I write about that, If something bothers me, or I'm worried about something, that's included. And if Jim takes some photos, I try to include some of them also.
So, go ahead and start that blog. You don't have to post every day. Just write about what's happening in you life. And, when you do start the blog, be sure to send me the info on how to get onto it, so I can follow along. :-)
Did you know that the first peanuts grown in the United States were grown in Virginia?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jim,
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if you could help me out a bit? Since you have switched to the new blogger editor, could you try loading a picture from your computer when writing a new post? Suddenly, last night, I tried to do this (as usual), and the option to upload from my computer was gone! I also noticed that there is now a spell check option on the new post tool bar. Could you see if the same thing happens to you?
hi my name is scott I am from kentucky
ReplyDeleteAnd have been reading your blog for a
Year or so i would like to tell you
I enjoy folowing your travels! I know
It takes a lot of work and time to blog,
I do enjoy keeping up with you. I hope
To live that lifestyle one day but for now
Its work work work! Thanks again for
Blogging safe travels.
farmerscott13180@yahoo.com
Hi Scott,
ReplyDeleteGood to hear that you enjoy my blog. It's not a lot of work if you enjoy doing it and have the time.
Thanks