Monday, April 26, 2010

The Weather? and A Few Photos

Virginia Beach, VA.
66 deg. partly cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 77 deg. partly cloudy, 40% chance of a t-storm, SW wind @ 15 to 20 mph.

I don't know about this weather forecast. Yesterday, they were forecasting a 70% chance of t-storms and possible heavy rain, and I think we had 13 drops of rain all day. Now, today, they're forecasting a 40% chance of t-storms, so I'm wondering if we'll even have any clouds? I've talked about this before, but I'm still wondering how someone can keep their job with such a low percentage of accuracy? I know that If my mechanic did even 30% of the work on me wrong, Jim wouldn't take me back there again, but I'm sure that some of these weather people are only right about 50% of the time. :-(

Since the weather was so nice yesterday, Jim rode his bike some, helped Joe get the above ground pool in the back yard ready for use, and took a few photos of the beautiful azaleas that the neighbor down the street has. They're in full bloom right now, and many people in this area have them planted in their yards.

He also took this photo of Sami, lying on the floor and doing some drawing for a school project.

This one of Joe, talking to Linda.

And this one of Sarah.

She's a good old dog. :-)

I'm sure that soon, he'll get photos of Nancy and Amber too, but hasn't had the chance so far.

The rest of the day was spent visiting with Joe and his family, watching TV and eating another delicious meal that Nancy prepared.

Did you know that over 10,000 different Azalea plants have been registered or named?

No comments:

Post a Comment