Utica, IL.
54 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 80 deg. sunny, SE winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
After hugs and handshakes, we finally left the Prairie Pines CG in Rantoul about 9:40. I really thought that we should have been on our way much earlier than that, but Jim and Linda ended up talking and having coffee with Paul and Louise. But, I was patient, and because I was so patient, when we left the CG, Jim drove me over to the FS Station (which is on the North side of Rantoul), and bought me a nice big drink of that good old #2 diesel fuel!!! :-)
After my drink, we headed West out of Rantoul on US 136 and took it over to I-74 where we turned NW on it and took it up to the Bloomington area. There, we took I-55 around to the west and then turned North on I-39. 39 then brought us up to I-80, where we turned East and followed it to the first exit and then to the Hickory Hollow CG here in Utica.
We've been to this CG before. In fact almost every year that they've had the family reunion up in Wisconsin, we've stayed here. It's a nice park with level open or shaded sites. Most of them are pull-thru and quite long, so Jim doesn't have to unhook CLT from the back of me, and the sites I've been in, have full hook-ups with 50 amp service. The only real problem is that it's quite expensive and If they didn't honor the Passport America discount, I doubt very much if we would stay here.
Anyway, it was just 12:20 when we pulled up in front of the office, so it took us 2 hours and 40 minutes to stop and get my drink, and travel 122 miles. And, you know what?? My tires aren't itching anymore!!!!!! :-)
Today, we'll be heading up into Wisconsin and to Lake Delton, where I'll be staying for about a week and a half while Jim and Linda go to the family reunion. Oh, I'll see them every night, but they'll be gone during the days. That's OK though, the CG I'll be staying in is very nice, and I'll be quite comfy. ;-)
Did you know that July is "National Ice Cream Month"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you all are on your way and you all had a good first day!! Yay, no more hitch itch....a cure!!
ReplyDeleteTravel safely and enjoy the reunion.
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com
Be sure to stop for some chocolate cow pies in Baraboo. Yum! :)
ReplyDelete