Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday Before The Rally and Let The Rally Begin!!!

Sevierville, TN.
55 deg. overcast, SW wind @ 11 mph. w/20 to 25 mph gusts.
Forecast today = high temp. 63 deg. cloudy, with a 80% chance of rain, NW winds @ 5 to 15 mph.

It was quite warm again yesterday and very windy, so not too many folks were out and about here at the park. At least we didn't have the severe storms that went though just North of us again, but late last night we did have a small t-storms go through with some rain.

I had a nice surprise yesterday afternoon when Jim and Pat Thomas, (Mr. and Miss Alfie), stopped by and came in and visited for awhile. As usual, the conversation picked up just like they had all seen each other just a short time ago, when actually it had been  a whole year since they had last met.

Their RV (my buddy Thor), is parked over on the other side of the park so I don't expect I'll be seeing much of him this year, but I know he's there and doing well, so it's OK. :-)

Jim took this photo of Linda and Miss Alfie standing in front of me just before they headed over to the evening gathering at Howard and Linda's site.

It sure was good to see them again, and I'm hoping that I'll get to see them some more before the Rally ends. :-)

Today at noon, everyone will be heading over to the pavilion to register for the Rally. Everyone will get name tags and all the information needed to let them know which seminars are being held each day and at what times. Also included will be the complete schedule of all the activities that will be happening today and during the next 5 days. You know, things like pot luck dinners, chili cook-off dinners, catered meals, evening activities, and planned excursions.

Like I've said before, "It should be a blast!!!"

Did you know that on April 12, 1954— Bill Haley and the Comets recorded "(We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock?"

Let the Rally begin!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: