Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sevierville To Bluff City and I'm Not Feeling Very Well

Bluff City, TN.
50 deg. partly cloudy, NE wind @ 5 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 85 deg. mostly sunny, breezy with SW winds @ 15 to 20 mph.

After some more h and h (hugs and handshakes), we left the CG in Sevierville about 10:10 yesterday morning and headed back up Rt 66 to I-40. Once on 40 we headed East until we came to I-81 and then headed NE on it until we got up to Bristol. There we turned SE on Rt 394 and then SW a few miles on US 11 until we came to the Lakeview RV Park.

It was 12:10 when we pulled up to the office, so it took us 2 hours to travel 102 miles.

Now, about me not feeling very well. You see, even before we got to the Rally I was starting to have problems. Nothing major, just a some hesitation once in awhile while I was climbing a hill. While we were at the rally, Jim crawled under me and drained some fuel out of my primary fuel filter to see if there was any water in the fuel, but there wasn't. He didn't want to fool with it at the rally and being that it didn't seem too severe, figured that he could address the problem here at Bluff City, where he knew we'd be staying for a week.

Well, when we left Sevierville, my engine was running quite well, and it seemed like the problem might even be gone. But. . . . as we traveled down the Interstate, it came back and the farther we went the worse it got. I still ran fine when just driving down the road, but as many of you know there are a lot of hills on those sections if Interstate and my condition seemed to get worse every hill that I had to climb.

By the time we got to the turn-off at Bristol, I was real glad to be getting off of the Interstate. :-{

Now, there were 2 reasons for picking this CG. First of all it's fairly near where Jenny J, (who was at the rally and is a good friend of Jim and Linda's), lives, and it's a Passport America park where we can stay for a week and wait for the Easter holiday to pass.

At the Rally, Jim had told Jenny and Don that he thought I might have a problem and asked Jenny and Don to check to see if there was someone in this area who could look at me once we got here. Well, Jenny called yesterday and said that she had found someone who was recommended to her and gave Jim his phone number.

So, this morning, Jim will call the mechanic and see if he will come here to the park to check me out and try to figure out what's wrong. Hopefully it will be something minor like a blocked fuel filter or something. I suppose it's possible that one of my drinks of that good old #2 diesel fuel was contaminated. :-(

Did you know that Bluff City experienced several name changes before incorporating on July 1, 1887 under its current name? The town was originally known as Choate’s Ford, and later took the name Middletown.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry we didn't get a chance to visit again before you left. We're pulling out this morning and will eventually end up at Jordan Lake for Easter weekend. We'll be there until Tues morning, then on to Kerr Lake. If you happen to make it to Jordan by then, give us a shout.
    Good luck on the repairs. Hopefully something minor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well :( That fuel can be a problem sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up Myrddin. You've got great folks to take care of ya!
    Syl

    ReplyDelete