Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day and Apex, NC To Emporia, VA

Emporia, VA.
55 deg. overcast, no wind.
Forecast today = Cloudy. Showers likely in the morning...then a chance of showers early in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers late. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

First of all, I'd like to wish all of the Mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day!!!! :-) I hope all of you have a great day!!

By the time we left my site, went to the dump station, dumped my very full tanks and pulled out of the Jordan Lake State Recreation Area, it was about 10:20. Then, about 3/4 mile down the road, Jim pulled me into a gas station and bought me a nice big drink of that good old #2 diesel fuel. :-) 

When we pulled out of the station, we got onto US 64 and followed it to Raleigh then then took I-40 / US 64 around the city and then continued East on 64 over to US 301.

We were going to take I-95 North up into Virginia, but when we went over I-95, we could see that it was backed up for miles, so we continued E. on 64 to US 301 and took it North almost all the way to Virginia.

We could have taken 301 all the way up, but Jim knew that there were truck restrictions up in Emporia on 301, so just before we got to the state line we jogged back over to I-95 and brought it up here to the Jellystone Park, which is just North of Emporia.

We've been to this park many times before. It's nice, but kind of pricey. But, it seems that all the parks along here are in the same price range, so what you gonna do? 

It was 1:20 when we pulled in, so it took us 3 hours to get my drink and drive the 143 miles up here.

Today, we'll have a fairly short drive to Virginia Beach, (about 100 miles). It's raining right now as I type this, so I hope we don't have nasty weather all the way over there. :-(

Did you know that in the vast majority of the world's languages, the word for "mother" begins with the letter M?

No comments:

Post a Comment