Thursday, May 19, 2011

Two Phone Calls and Heading for Richmond

Virginia Beach, VA.
55 Deg.clear, no wind.
Forecast today = Partly sunny, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent

It's hard to believe that we've been here 11 days already. We usually only stay for 14, but this past 11 days has just flown by.

Jim called a Camp Ground up North of Richmond yesterday and made sure that they would have a site for me. It's only about a 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive up there, (depending on which way we go), and we should be getting there during the early afternoon, so the lady told Jim that a reservation wasn't necessary and we should just come on in.

After he called the CG, he called Mike and Terri Young, (friends that Jim and Linda have seen at the last two RV Rallies), who are staying at another CG up in that area to see if they would have some time to get together today. They didn't answer when Jim called, but called back later in the afternoon and it looks like they'll be coming to see me this evening. :-)

That's great!!! I really like having company!!! :-)

So, the plan is to leave here about 10:00 this morning. There's two different routes that we can take to get up to Richmond and I don't think Jim even knows which way we'll be going yet. I guess I'll just have to wait until we get to I-64 and see which way we turn.

Tuesday evening, Nancy made meatballs and spaghetti for dinner. (Both Jim and Linda said it was really good), and then last night they ordered some Pizza from Papa John's.

Jim and Linda said their good-byes to Nancy, Sami and Amber last night because they may not see them this morning. I think Joe is planning on coming out here to say good-bye before he goes to work.

Like usual, it's been good staying here in Virginia Beach. If everything goes according to plan, Jim and Linda, (and maybe me), will be back here this fall.

Did you know that there are over 198 holes of golf in Virginia Beach?

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you all get to see each other. We miss everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful, Myrddin! That campground north of Richmond is right across the freeway from a big RV dealer!!! We pulled into that park in a 32-foot gasser and left in a 40-foot diesel pusher. Keep an eye on Jim and Linda!

    ReplyDelete