Orange City, FL.
59 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 83 deg. mostly sunny, E. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
Yep, you read it right. I'm now in Orange City and back at the Orange City RV Resort. About 8:15 yesterday morning, Glenn, (the mechanic that parks and moves all the RVs around), came out and told Jim and Linda that he was ready to take me around to the other building. Well, I didn't know what he wanted to do that for, but when he got me around there, a couple of the guys gave me a much needed bath!! I didn't know it, but they give all the coaches that get major repairs done, a bath before they leave.
While I was getting my bath, Jim and Linda were in the office paying for all my repairs. Like I have said before, I'm sure glad they like me a lot, because I can be expensive to maintain at times. Especially when I need things like new tires.
By 10:00 we were pulling out of the repair place lot and were heading to a gas station just a little way down the road, where Jim gave me a nice drink of that good old #2 diesel fuel. Then it was back to I-4, where we turned left and followed it all the way up here to Orange City. It was just about noon when we pulled into the park, so it took us just about 2 hours to get fuel and travel 81 miles.
How did I like my new tires, you ask? Smmoooooth! They seem to ride better than the old ones did.
AS Jim was checking me in, Laura called on the phone. Jim told her that we had just gotten in, and she said that she and Lindsey would stop by after a little while. So, about 2:00 she and Lindsey came and everyone sat outside under my new awning and talked for awhile.
Neat! It was really good to see them again.
I don't know just what's happening today. Laura is off work, so she and Linda will probably do something together. As for Jim, I think he's just looking for a day where he can just relax.
Did you know that the dental drill was invented by John Greenwood, of New York, in 1790?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment