Lakeland, FL.
48 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 80 deg. mostly sunny, SE winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
I can see the light!!!! I can see the light!!!! What light is that, you ask?? It's the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!
Yesterday there was finally some real progress on my repairs. My oil was changed, my filters were changed and my chassis was lubed. Lester replaced the kick-down cylinders on my two front leveling jacks, I found out that they had finally located a new pump for my furnace, and finally my new awning fabric was installed!! Oh, and I almost forgot!! When they changed my fuel filters, they found out that the little priming pump, for my fuel system was leaking, and not the filter. So, they replaced the little pump, and now, No More Fuel Leak!!! :-)
Now, there was one little glitch. When they replaced my awning fabric, they found out that the spring that rolls the awning up, had lost most of it's springing abilities, and one of the locks at the end of the awning was defective. But, not to worry. These parts are readily available and can be ordered.
Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I'm going to have to stay here even longer to wait for the awning parts... Nope!!! Let me try to explain what the new plan is.. Monday, they will finish installing the parts that they have on hand, and then on Tuesday or Wednesday, we'll leave for a couple of weeks to go back to Orange City to see Laura and her family. Then, we'll come back here to have the furnace pump and the awning parts installed.
Sounds like a plan to me!! And, the best part is that it means that I'll be able to get out of here for awhile!! :-)
Yesterday, Jim and Linda called some friends of theirs (Monte and Donna), who live up in Wildwood, FL, and made plans to take CLT, (Cute Little Truck), and go up there to see them today. I met Monte and Donna last year when they came to see me while I was in Bushell, and they're really nice people. I wish I could see them again this year, but I don't think that's going to happen. Oh well, maybe next year. It's about an hour and a half drive up there, so I'll be here by myself for a good part of the day.
Hmmm, maybe I can get to know that Country Coach Motorhome that is parked next to me right now. He's having some body damage repaired where he tangled with a palm tree. :-(
Did you know that on this date in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell received a patent for the telephone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment