Friday, May 21, 2010

Another Great Meal, Saying Good-Bye and Let's Go!!!!

Apex, NC.
55 deg. mostly clear, no wind
Forecast today = high temp.85 deg. mostly sunny, SE wind @ 5 to 10 mph.

OK, I'm ready!!!! Let's go!!!! Come on, Jim and Linda what's the hold up????

Oh all right. I guess I can wait until about 9:00 to get under way. I don't know why we couldn't be leaving at 7:00 or 8:00 though.

Jim has almost everything finished out side. The only thing I'm hooked to is electric. He put water in my fresh water tank yesterday afternoon, and put all the hoses and the filter away. Then he checked my tires, rolled up my window awnings, secured my main awning and checked all my fluid levels.

While he was doing that, Linda was picking up inside of me, putting away items that they won't need for the rest of the time we're here, and then did some dusting.

All of this was done by 4:45 when they took CLT and headed over to Mike and Gina's for the last time. Again, Gina prepared a very nice meal of chicken, green beans, and potatoes. Linda took some corn-on-the-cob that she had picked up at the grocery store the other day, and also some garlic bread.

Jim said that all of that put together made a great meal. :-)

All too soon, it was time to give hugs and say good-bye to Gina as she needed to go see her aunt who is in a nursing home. Then, about 7:30 Jim and Linda said good-bye to Mike, Brenna, Savanna, and Dillon. Jim and Linda both said that they're going to  miss all of them a lot, but we'll be back.

Probably this fall.

A little before 8:00 CLT rolled up in front of me and Jim and Linda came in an watched TV until bedtime.

It's been a good visit, but now its time to move on.

So...... Come On, Jim and Linda lets get rolling!!! There's a whole bunch of black top out there that I need to cover!!!  :-)  

Did you know that on this day in 1901, Connecticut becomes the first state to pass a law regulating motor vehicles, limiting their speed to 12 mph in cities and 15 mph on country roads? 

Oh, and remember, I may not be able to post from Forest City, but keep checking, I'll be back just a soon as I can. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment