Apex, NC
65 deg. partly cloudy, humid, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 81 deg. mostly cloudy, humid with a 40% chance of showers or t-storms.
Well, I don't want to be one of those who said, "I told you so", but..... I told you so!! Yep, Barb and her husband Bob came over to my site a little after 10:00 yesterday morning, and within a few minutes they were sitting under my awning, talking, and laughing with Jim and Linda! :-)
I don't know, maybe I've told you this before, but it's kind of amazing how RVers can get together and even though they're perfect strangers, it only takes a few minutes before they're good friends. This was the case yesterday with Barb and Bob. Jim had gotten out some lawn chairs for them, so when they got here, they sat down and in just a few minutes they were talking with Jim and Linda about RVing, travel, family, and experiences that they've all had.
Like most RVers, they are very nice people and very easy to talk to. Right now, they have a large Class "C" Motor Home, but are thinking about a larger RV and then eventually, going Full-time. They're from Idaho, and have friends and relatives scattered across the country, so full-timing could be a way to see them more often.
By the time they left, (a little after 12:00) there were hugs and handshakes and you would have thought that they had known each other for years. ;-)
Jim took this photo of Bob, Barb and Linda just before they left to go back to their site. They're not going to be here in Apex much longer, so I hope I'll get to see them again before they leave. They're really nice people. :-)
About 5:00 Jim and Linda took CLT and headed back over to Mike and Gina's. Again, they had a very nice meal and enjoyed visiting with them and the kids.
Oh! Linda has been helping Brenna with some of her homework. She has a big history test coming up today, and was studying for it. So, being that Linda was a teacher and in fact taught history to High School students, was able to help her quite a bit.
I hope she does well on her test today.
Did you know that there is a law in Idaho that forbids a citizen to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, I'm going to Idaho this summer. Do you think someone will give me a 49 lb box of candy? Maybe that's what they pass out at the visitor' center. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's great when you get to know people. That's one of those things that I love about this lifestyle!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely - RVers always have new friends just parked right next to them!
ReplyDelete