Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Last Of The Prescriptions and I've Got Company

Ratnoul, IL.
50 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 76 deg. sunny, NW wind @ 5 to 10 mph.

A little after lunch, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed to Walgreen's to pick up that last prescription. While they were there, they also picked up a few other items like bread and milk so that they didn't have to make another stop.

Once back here, Linda baked some brownies for desert and Jim took a little nap.

About 4:30 or so, I saw this Cross Country MH pulling a jeep pull into the CG, and sure enough, it was Ken and Cindy coming to visit. :-)

After h and h, they checked in with Louise in the office and then Paul led them to the site right next to me. Once they got set up, everyone sat outside and talked. After they had talked for awhile, it was decided that Jim would cook some brats, that Ken and Cindy had brought, on his grill and Linda would make a green bean casserole to go with them. Cindy also had brought a fruit salad and some chips, and once the brats were done, everyone came inside of me and had a very nice meal with great conversation. :-)

I think that they would have liked to eat outside, but yesterday was another windy day and they would have had problems with everything blowing away. :-(

After dinner, they all sat and talked until about 9:30 when Ken and Cindy left to walk their neat dogs, (Sox and Ditka), and get get some rest, as this had been a long day for them.

This morning, they'll be leaving to head up to an Escapade in Indiana. I sure wish they could stay longer, but I've found out that they are planning on going to the RV Dreams Rally in TN. next spring, so I'm hoping we'll see them and their MH there.

Did you know that September is "AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Month"?

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to meet up with folks you know from the road and share stories. It's nice to learn from an experienced fulltimer such as yourself. See ya at the rally.

    Syl

    ReplyDelete