Friday, September 17, 2010

They Did It Again and Aliens??

Rantoul, IL.
50 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 76 deg. possible fog this morning then sunny with light easterly winds.

They did it again!! Yep, once again, Jim and Lind went to the grocery store and bought more groceries than would easily fit into my cabinets and refrigerator!

I couldn't believe it when they just kept carrying bag after bag of groceries into me, and then when I found out how much refrigerator and /freezer stuff they had bought, I just knew there was going to be trouble! :-(

You'd think they'd learn, but no!! They almost always do it!!!!

Other than grocery shopping and then trying to get it all put away when they got back, not much happened around here. Jim and Linda did a little house cleaning, Jim changed the water filter under my kitchen sink, took the garbage to the dumpster and they both took little naps.

OH, I have to tell you what happened last night!!!!

It was about 8:30 or 9:00 and I was just sitting here minding my own business, when all of a sudden, there's these very bright lights coming at me from my left!!! They weren't moving very fast and they appeared to be quite a ways away, but they kept getting closer and closer!!!! As they got closer I heard this roaring sound and it got louder as the lights got closer to me!!!!

I didn't know what was going on, and I thought we might be under attack from a space ship or something!!!!!!  :-O 

Well, when the lights got pretty close, they turned to the right, and I couldn't see them any more, but I could still hear the roaring sound!!

It was then that I realized that the lights were on a combine and the farmer was out there in the field next to the campground, harvesting the corn!!!

Whew!!! What a relief!!!! No Aliens!!!!

I guess that when the crop is ready, it's important that it gets harvested as soon as possible, but I never thought they'd be out there that late. Jim however, knew that farmers did this, and said that many years ago when he worked on a farm, he and the farmer worked late into the nights to get the crops out of the fields.

Well anyway, after my oil pump quit pounding and I settled down, I watched the beautiful night sky for awhile, thankful that my owners are full-timers and I get to learn all about the people, places, and the things that happen as we travel across the country.

A full-time RVs life is a good life. ;-)

Did you know that Indians in the Americas were growing corn extensively long before the discovery of these continents by Europeans? Archaeological studies indicate that corn was cultivated in the Americas at least 5600 years ago. The exact origin of corn is unknown as the plant is found only under cultivation. The probable center off origin is the Central American and Mexico region.

3 comments:

  1. Great write-up, at me at the edge of my seat. Glad it ended with laughs... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your write up on the UFO. Where you disappointed when it wasn't one? ;c)

    Thanks for your encouraging comments on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *chuckles* that's great & the timing is beaucoup perfect since I'm in Oregon right now & there have been a lot of UFO sighting by Portland,heh heh. I wonder if some willamette farmer / former HP engineer has created a hover-combine ;) it would explain the local sightings. In all seriousness, I haven't seen a night harvest combine in probably 20 years, I would have been more than a little curious myself.

    ReplyDelete