Lakeland, FL.
64 deg. Overcast, W. wind @ 4 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 79 deg, possible fog this morning, becoming partly cloudy this afternoon, NE wind @ 10 mph.
Yesterday afternoon, a pickup truck pulled up to the office, and in it's bed was my newly repaired couch. Soon after it was unloaded, it was installed back inside of me and so now that project is finished. :-)
Now, there's only a few other things that still need to be done before I can leave here and head to Frostproof. One thing, (and I almost forgot about it), is the the ride-height control valve for my left side. I think Lester and Glenn also kind of forgot about it, although it's on the work order, but it really needs to be replaced. You see, every once in awhile, when Jim fires up my engine and the air builds up, I lean over to the left for awhile. Then after I move a little, the valve finally opens and fills the air ride bag and I level off.
It needs to be replaced because I sure don't want to be traveling down the highway, leaning way over to the left, if it decides to quit working completely.
The only other thing is the struts for one of my basement doors. I don't know why they don't have them yet, but they seem to be having trouble matching them up to new ones.
So, I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to leave here today. If not, Jim will have to call the CG down in Frostproof and see if they will hold that one available site for another day or two.
I sure hope they will, if that becomes necessary.
For dinner, Jim and Linda went into Polk City to the Country Angels Restaurant. Both said that their meals were very good, as usual.
Did you know that on this day in 1954, a group of children from Arsenal Elementary School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, receive the first injections of the new polio vaccine developed by Dr. Jonas Salk?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is it something that I should expect, all kinds of repairs and maintenance if I should get an older RV? :( It's kind of scary that I will have to have a lot more $$$ in reserve for that purpose.
ReplyDelete