Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thonotosassa To Lakeland and Dinner At Applebee's

Lakeland, FL.
47 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 76 deg. partly cloudy, E. wind @ 5 mph.

Denny came over to see me, Jim and Linda and to say good-bye, before we left the Southern Aire RV Resort yesterday morning. He and Jim talked while Jim hooked CLT to the back of me, and it sounds like the Illinois Bunch may be thinking of coming to see me in Rantoul, IL sometime in June. That may be a good idea as it has always been very hot in years past when they came there in August.

Well, anyway, by the time Jim got CLT hooked up to me and we pulled out of the park at 9:20, most of the fog had lifted and visibility was good as we headed first South on Rt. 579 and then NE on I-4. The trip was uneventful but there was a lot of traffic on 4. It didn't take long and soon we were turning off of 4 and onto Rt 33 and pulling up in front of the office at Creative Coach.

It was just 10:00 when we pulled in, so it took us 40 minutes to travel the 33 miles up here.

Jim unhooked CLT from the back of me and went into the office to get everything arranged with Lester, (my mechanic).  By the time he was done going over the things that need to be done to me, Glenn, (the shop foreman), had backed me into a spot between two other coached along the side of the main building. I'll probably be in this spot most of the time that I'll be here because everything that needs to be done on me can be done outside as long as the weather is decent.

So, here I sit. I don't know how long I'll be here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes awhile. The biggest thing that I'm worried about is the repairs on my furnace. If they need to order parts, it could take a long time.

For dinner last night, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed over to an Applebee's Restaurant which is only a few miles from here. Some very good friends, Mike and Jodi, (from Illinois), had sent Jim and Linda a gift card for the restaurant, so they decided this was a good time to put it to use.

Thanks, Mike and Jodi. Jim and Linda had a very nice meal. :-)  Maybe you can come to see me sometime this summer when we're up there in Rantoul. I'd really like to see you again. ;-)

Did you know that there are 38 named lakes in Lakeland with a number of other bodies of water unnamed, mostly phosphate mine pits that eventually filled with water?

No comments:

Post a Comment