Frostproof, FL
61 deg. Overcast, no wind
Forecast today = high temp. 81 deg. partly cloudy, E wind @ 5 to 10 mph.
Just a quick note as the signal and speed of the Internet here in Frostproof are both very poor.
After determining that the air ride control valve was not available and would have to be ordered, it was decided that we would come here to Frostproof for a week and then go back and have the valve installed.
So, the folks at Creative Coach gave me a complementary bath and by 11:40, we were pulling out of the parking lot. From Rt. 33, we took Cumbie Road to US 98, went SE on 98 to Rt 60 and then took 60 Easts to US 27. We then headed South on 27 to Frostproof.
It was 12:45 when we pulled into the Southern Pines Resort, so we traveled 47 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes.
I'm now settled into a site between 2 park model trailers. I have full hook-ups and a nice new cement patio. There are a couple of small trees by the road, but no trees that will shade me and any time during the day.
I did get to see "Big Herb" as we drove past his site on the way here, and he looked like he was doing well. In fact when Jim and Linda got back after going out to dinner with Roland, Louise, and 2 other couples from the park, they confirmed that he was enjoying his time here at he park.
I don't know just how much I'll be posting from here. Right now the Internet connection seems to be doing OK, but yesterday, I had all kinds of problems trying to read some of the Blogs that I follow.
So......if I can get on-line, I'll be posting. If not, I'll get you caught up as soon as I can.
Did you know that today is "National Chili Day"?
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chili day, I guess I'll have to make some~~~
ReplyDelete