Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day, Groceries and Thanks

Rantoul, IL.
64 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 85 deg. mostly sunny, light Southerly winds.

Finally!!!! A day without rain!!!!! :-)

Yesterday was a beautiful day!! About 85 deg., low humidity, and a nice breeze!!!! It was a little hot if you were working out in the sun, but almost perfect  in the shade. And.......today is supposed to be almost identical to yesterday!!!! :-)

Jim and Linda did go to the grocery store yesterday morning. And, like I thought, bought more than my cabinets and refrigerator could easily handle. They did manage to get everything stashed away though.

After lunch, Jim took a nap, and then went over and talked to Paul, (who was sitting outside under his awning), for awhile. Then, Jim  borrowed their weed-eater and got rid of the weeds and grass that was starting to grow up  around my utilities and around me. Paul and Louise try very hard to keep this CG looking nice, and they both really appreciate it when campers help out and keep their site looking nice.

For dinner Jim cooked a couple of burgers on the grill and Linda cut up some watermelon, and got out chips and all the other stuff for the burgers. Then, because there was nothing good on TV they both worked on getting caught up on the campground information that they have in a program on the computer.

Today and tomorrow morning, there will be over 20 RVs coming in for a rally. They'll be in sites down at the other end of the park near the shelter, so I probably won't see much of them after they get here, but they'll all have down the street in front of me when they come into the park, so I'll get to see all of them then.

Being that it's supposed to be so nice out today, I think Jim is going to try to get a few things done outside. I know my batteries need servicing, so maybe he'll do that. Also, I really need a bath, but I doubt if he'll get to that today.

Oh well, what ever he gets done will be fine with me. I'm not going any place for awhile yet. ;-)

One last thing.  I'd like to thank all of the readers who have become followers of my blog. It's good to know that there are people who find it interesting and follow it most days. I'd also like to thank those of you who comment on the things I write about. I really enjoy hearing from you.

Did you know that there are about a billion bicycles in the world, twice as many as Automobiles? Almost 400 million bicycles are in China. Every year some 50 million bicycles – and 20 million cars – are produced

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your weather is nearly perfect. I'm jealous! We are having a heatwave with high humidity. YUK
    I have the same problem whenever we go grocery shopping...where to put it all???

    Have a great day!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete