Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer and Making Plans For July

Rantoul, IL.
71 deg. mostly cloudy, humid, no wind.
Forecast today = High temp. 92 deg. Showers and t-storms this morning then becoming partly sunny and humid. S winds @ 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 50 mph during t-storms this morning.

Happy Summer!!!! Today is officially the first day of summer!!

I hope all of you dads had a great day yesterday. Jim didn't get to see any of his kids, but most of them called and talked for awhile. He said that it sure was good to hear from them, and I think it really made his day.  :-)

It was hot and humid here so neither Jim or Linda went out much. Linda did a load of laundry, Jim did a lot of planning for our upcoming July adventures up into Wisconsin for the family reunion and then possibly heading  up into the upper peninsula of Michigan before coming back here to Rantoul.

I don't think that much will be happening around here today. There are big clouds moving in from the SW as I write this, and I can now hear thunder in the distance, so this morning looks like it will be a rain-out. Then, this afternoon, the sun is supposed to come out, and with the rain that we are more than likely going to have this morning, will make it super humid with temps around 90 deg.

One good thing that is happening, is that because it's hot outside, Jim and Linda have been spending time getting their campground program caught up to date. They were way behind, but now only have the campgrounds that I've stayed at this year to do.

Did you know that today is National Daylight Appreciation Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment