Saturday, August 14, 2010

Not Much To Report and Dave Stops By

Rantoul, IL.
71 deg. cloudy, rain, W. wind @ 5 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 94 deg.becoming partly sunny, hot and humid, SW wind @ 5 to 10 mph.

Not a whole lot to report today. Jim went for a little bike ride early yesterday morning, puttered around outside for awhile, sat at my picnic table and talked to Paul, (the CG host), for awhile, and then by 10:00 came inside of me because it was just too hot to do anything outside.

In the afternoon, Dave, (one of the Illinois Bunch), stopped by for a little while. He and Dee Dee live south of here and he was going past here in I-57, to go up to the Kankakee area where Dee Dee has been visiting, and decided to stop by and say "Hey".

He and the rest of the Illinois Bunch will be coming here on Tuesday, so we'll get to see him again soon. :-)

Speaking of the Illinois Bunch, it sounds like the weather is going to be a little cooler this next week when they're here. As of right now, the forecast is for high temperatures in the 80's (instead of the 90's), and lows in the lower 60's, (instead of the upper 70's).

For dinner, last night, Linda put together some bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches and melon. While she was doing that, Jim toasted some bread because he likes his BLT's on toast.

After dinner they read, played with the computers, and watched a tape on the TV as there weren't any shows on that they wanted to watch.

Like I said, not to much to report on today.

Did you know that today is "National Mustard Day"?

I told you it was a slow day!!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of pocket lately with some health issues that have suddenly come up in the family. Its on our blog. Anyway, I got behind in reading blogs so I just wanted to say....

    I like the valances on the windows. That looks really very nice. I was hoping you would post some pics of them.
    Glad the doctor's appointment went well. :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete