Rantoul, IL.
68 deg. clear, SE wind @ 4 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 90 deg. mostly sunny, S. wind @ 10 to 15 mph.
It got pretty warm here in Rantoul again yesterday. I though we might me past the time when we had temperatures in the 90's, but by mid afternoon, the thermometer on my shady side said that it was 93 deg out there. :-{
Again nothing happened here at the CG yesterday. A couple RVs left, and if I remember right, only one came in.
You know, they can say all they want about the economy getting better, but from what I've seen, it's still pretty bad and people are not traveling near as much as they did a few years ago. The only time I've seen a Campground anywhere near full, was on a holiday weekend. That's not bad for me though, I can pull into almost any CG without even thinking about making reservations. I'm curious to see how full the parks down in Florida will be this winter.
Oh, Jim got an e-mail from Jodi and Mike yesterday. (Remember Mike stopped by on his way home from work a couple weeks ago?), and they would like to get together Monday evening. Well, Jim sent a reply back telling them that Monday would work fine and asked them to call to discuss what everyone wanted to do. They could meet at a restaurant somewhere or Mike and Jodi could come here for a cookout.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see what everyone decides to do.
Today promises to be another slow day with temperatures, (depending on what TV station or web site you are looking at), anywhere from the upper 80's to the mid 90's, and higher humidity than we've been having. I'm sure there won't be many, if any RVs coming into the park, and probably a few will be leaving.
So, I'll just sit here in my site and watch the grass grow. ;-(
Oh Oh!!! I think my left rear inside tire is starting to itch!!!
Did you know that Elephants are the only animals that can't jump?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The economy is not up like everyone would like to see it, but after almost a decade of bad decisions, a war and fuel prices through the roof I'm just happy to see gas prices down to where families can go on vacations. I've never been a fan of stay-cations. I believe things are looking up, we just have to stay optimistic.
ReplyDelete