Heiskell, TN
48 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today= high temp. 83 deg. clear, very light SW winds.
The SKP park here at Heiskell never did fill up. We could have come here at any time this weekend and gotten a very nice site. Every other time we have been here in the past, the park was either full or almost full by noon. I really do think that fuel prices are starting to affect RV travel quite a bit. On the Internet, I follow news about RV travel almost every day. One site that I go on, says that RV travel isn't being affected much at all. Yet another site is all gloom and doom about the future of RVing. One thing I do know for sure, I'm starting to see a lot of RVs setting in driveways with For Sale signs in the windows.
Are Jim and Linda thinking about selling me? Not that I'm aware of. You see, I'm more than just an RV to them, I'm their home, and as their home, they seem to like me quite a bit. If it comes to the point where they can't afford a lot of fuel for me, we'll just have to stay longer at parks and not travel as much. Or, we may be forced to take the most "direct" route instead of the "scenic route". Full-timing is a great life-style and I'm sure they don't want to give it up anytime soon!
I think an Escapees park is a great place to be for a Holiday. Most of the folks here are full-timers and (to be honest), they are older people. I think that one of the worst places to be on a 3 day weekend like this, is in a State Park. The last time I was in a State Park on a Holiday, there were kids and dogs running through my site, the parents were sitting around a very smokey campfire, (which was blowing into my windows), and I think they were trying to see how much beer they could consume!
Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I don't need that noise and aggravation. Probably any private park would not be too bad on a holiday weekend.
Yesterday evening, Jim and Linda took CLT and went to a restaurant called Aubrey's for dinner. It's only about 5 or 6 miles from here, (right behind the CVS that they went to the day before), and from what I can tell, they were very satisfied with the food and the service. Jim said that it was maybe a little more expensive than normal, but the food and service were so good, he didn't mind the cost.
Did you know that today is National Tap Dance Day?
Remember, stay safe on this Holiday weekend.
Have you got that American Flag flying yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment