Thursday, May 29, 2008

Heiskell to Lebanon and Changing Time Zones

Lebanon, TN
59 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 81 deg. clear, SE winds @ 5 to 10 mph.

What time is it??? I think I lost and hour yesterday, or did I gain one? Lets see, when we left Heiskell yesterday morning it was about 9:30 and when we got here to Lebanon, it was about noon. Wow! 160 miles in 2 1/2 hours, and we even stopped and got me a drink of good old #2 diesel!! I must have been flying down that Intestate! Oh! Now Ive got it figured out, we crossed into the Central Time Zone and so the trip actually took 3 1/2 hours instead of 2 1/2. Phew!! This time zone thing is almost as confusing as switching from standard to daylight savings time!

I wonder if Jim got all the clocks turned back? Or, did he need to turn them forward?

The trip here to the Timberline CG in Lebanon was uneventful. We got back on I-75, took it down to I-640, took 640 West to I-40 and then took 40 here to Lebanon. We had some light rain along the way, but nothing to slow me down. The traffic was a little heavy in the Knoxville area, but once we got away from the city, it really thinned out.

We've been to the Timberline CG before. It's OK for an overnight stay, but not the kind of park I would like to spend a lot of time in. There are quite a few permanent RVs here. Quite a few are very old and looking pretty shabby, and the sites are fairly close together. So why do we continue to come back here, you ask? It's a Passport America Park, and we're staying here for $13.50! Also, the people in the office are super nice, and always try to accommodate us the best they can.

This morning, we'll have to deal with the Nashville traffic. I'm hoping that by the time we get going, (about 9:30 or 10:00), it will be pretty much thinned out, and we can zip right through.

Did you know that there are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet?

I wonder how Louise is doing? Haven't heard anything lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment