63 deg. cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 81 deg. becoming mostly sunny, N. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
Jim took a couple of photos of the park yesterday, so I thought I'd post a couple of them. With this 1st one, you can see that this used to be a KOA campground by the style of the office.
Jim and Linda needed to go to the Post Office to pick up their mail, and then go to a Drug Store to pick up a few things. Well, Jim and Linda knew where the post office was, but weren't sure where a Drug Store was. Jim did a search for Drug Stores in the area using Mable's search feature, and she gave them the directions to get to a CVS Pharmacy about 6 miles away. Well, they followed her instructions, and when they got to the "destination", they were in a church parking lot!! CLT (Cute Little Truck), said that they went on down the road for about a mile, didn't find anything, turned around and went back the other way about 3 miles, and finally found a CVS Pharmacy there.
Now, leading CLT astray, is one thing, but can you imagine if that had been me? I can't always find a place to turn around and go the other way!! What happens if Mable goofs up directing me to a destination? I think for the most part, I'll just stick with my good old Truckers Atlas!
Also, yesterday, Jim replaced the hydraulic pump belt on my engine. I've had problems with this belt in the past, and now the belt was starting to crack and come apart again. Jim had a new one, so he installed it, but he said that he's going to have to try to find someone to ask about it, because the belt should last over 10,000 miles.
I hope all of you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Please remember the true meaning of this holiday. A lot of soldiers have died to keep us free.
Hey! Why not get out that American Flag that you've got stored somewhere, and fly it this weekend?
Did you know that Memorial Day was originally known as Decoration Day?
No comments:
Post a Comment