Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Emporia to VB and Getting Level

Virgina Beach, VA
57 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 83 deg., sunny, SW winds @ 10 to 15 mph.

It was about 10:30 when we left the Jellystone Park in Emporia. We went back South on I-95 for a few miles and then turned East on US 58. When we got to I-64 we took it around to the South and then turned East on I-264, which took us right into Virginia Beach. Then it was just a few miles of side streets before we pulled up in front of Joe's, at about 12:40 PM. We drove 102 miles and it took us 2 hrs and 10 minutes.

Now the tricky part started. Jim got me backed into the driveway on the first try, but once I was in the driveway, my front tires had to be driven up on blocks. Why, you ask? Well, first of all, Jim doesn't want to use my leveling jacks here because he's afraid that they will damage the driveway, and it is just slanted enough that I can't quite get level with my air suspension system. And, when I'm not level, my drains don't work right and most importantly, it can damage my refrigerator. Anyway, Jim and Linda got me up on the blocks without too much trouble, and now I am settled in for a 2 week stay.

When we got here, Nancy was home from work because she was not feeling well, so Jim and Linda just waited in me for Sami (Samantha), and Amber to come home from school, and for Joe to come home from work. Amber got home about 2:30, Sami arrived about 4:00 and Joe rolled in about 5:30. They all stopped in to see me when they got home. Of course they gave Jim and Linda hugs too. Boy, those girls have grown since we were here last October!

Sami had soccer practice, (which Joe coaches), Amber went along, and Nancy still wasn't feeling well, so Jim and Linda hopped into CLT and went to the local Hardee's and got a sandwich for dinner. When Joe and the girls got back, Jim and Linda went into the house and visited for awhile. Then they came back out here, and watched a little TV before going to bed.

Another good day.

Did you know that Chris Ford scored the first ever NBA three-point shot?

We haven't forgotten you, Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment