Friday, May 30, 2008

Lebanon, TN to Sikeston, MO and Louise

Sikeston, MO.
66 deg. clear, S. wind @ 6 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 88 deg. partly cloudy, humid, SW winds @ 10 to 15 mph.

We left Lebanon about 9:45 yesterday morning and continued West on I-40 until we came to the Briley Pkwy. where we turn North and followed it around the East side of Nashville and then West to I-24.

Folks, this is the way to go if you are coming in from the East and want to get around Nashville without all the traffic.

Once on I-24 we followed it up to Paducah where we turned West on US 60. Followed 60 into MO, picked up US 62, and followed it to I-57, took 57 down to I-55 and then 55 about 2 miles N. to the Hinton RV Park near Sikeston. It was about 2:15 when we pulled into the CG and we traveled 228 miles and it took us about 4 1/2 hours.

This is a nice park, but again, just a good place to spend a night. It's very clean, has long, level, pull-thru sites, the people in the office are very friendly, and help you get into your site. However, the sites are close together, there is no shade, and you can hear the noise from I-55. Oh, also, if your and Escapees Club member, they'll give you a 15% discount.

Yesterday evening, Jim called Roland and Louise, and learned that Louise is progressing with her rehab nicely. In fact, Roland told Jim that yesterday, for the first time, she had walked about 100' with the aid of a walker!! Now that's big news!! It was just a short time ago that it was uncertain if she would ever walk again at all!

Keep up the good work, Louise. We're proud of you!!!

Roland seemed to be doing well, and he and Louise were both in good spirits. Roland is definitely getting itchy feet, and I can only imagine what Big Herb, (their Winnebago Journey MH) is going through, in that storage lot!

Did you know that today is Narional Hug Your Cat Day?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Just want to let you know that if you're ever back in the Sikeston area, there's a nice Passport America park, Town & Country RV, right in Sikeston. Very level sites and shade trees. The owner was a little curmudgeonly, but once you pay your $$, who cares? :) Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete