Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sikeston to Mountain View, MO

Mountain View, MO.
67 deg. clear, SW wind @ 5 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 85 deg. becoming cloudy with a 30% chance of showers. W winds @10 mph.

We left Sikeston about 8:45 yesterday morning and headed West on US 62 and then US 60. The trip here to Mountain View was pretty uneventful. US 60 is all 4 lane except for a small stretch of 2 lane where there is construction, to make it into 4 lane. This is a very hilly area and in the construction areas, we had to really slow down at times. Those were short areas though, so it really wasn't bad. As we were nearing Mountain view, Jim noted that it was pretty early yet, and wondered if we should go farther before we stopped, but the wind had picked up quite a bit, we were still on 2 lane road, so he and Linda decided to stop here at the Mountain Springs RV Park. We got here about 11:30 and traveled 145 miles.

Mountain Springs RV Park is kind of neat. I don't know what it is about some parks, but when you pull in, you get a good feeling about them. Jim originally decided to stop here because it's a Passport America park. The park is really nothing special. The roads is the park are gravel, the sites are gravel, and just scattered here and there in between the trees, and they are not very level.

We missed the first entrance to the park, so we turned into the second one, and really came into the park the wrong way. Before Jim could get out of my drivers seat, a golf cart with the Campground Host couple pulled up along side of me, and the man said, "Follow me, and you can pay us later.", so Jim put me in gear and we followed him around the office, through the trees, and into a pull-thru site. Then the man said, "Get set up first, and then later, come on over to our 5th wheel and we'll get you registered."

So, here I am sitting in a nice shady site with my front wheels dangling in the air. I have full hook-up's, with 50 Amp electric, my new neighbors are all very friendly, and I have that good feeling. All for $8 per night! Oh, I almost forgot, when Jim registered, the lady gave Jim a jar of Sorghum Molasses as a "Thank You" for picking this park to stay at.

Like I said, I don't know what gives you that "feeling" when you pull into a park. We hadn't even rolled to a stop yet, when I knew that this was a park I would like. On the other hand, we have pulled into parks where I wanted to turn around and get out of there just as fast as I could, and I really can't tell you why, or explain it. It's just a "feeling".

Did you know that a group of kangaroos is called a mob?

No comments:

Post a Comment