Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wind and Refrigerator Latches

Virginia Beach, VA
48 deg. mostly clear, N winds @ 20 to 25 mph.
Forecast today = high temp 65 deg. mostly sunny, N winds @ 25 to 30 mph.

Man, it was windy yesterday!!! How windy was it, you ask? It was so windy that there were 2 foot waves in the dog's water bowl!! It was so windy that you had to be standing down-wind of someone to hear them talking, because the wind blew their words away!! ;-)

Really, it was very windy around here yesterday. There were times when we had 40 to 45 mph gusts, and they shook me around some. Oh, and did I mention that it was raining a good part of the time too? That rain was going sideways!

As I expected, Jim and Linda didn't do much of anything yesterday. Linda took care of some business, by phone, and I think Jim found a new door latch for my refrigerator. Oh, I didn't tell you it was broken? Well, the other day when Linda went to open my fridge door, the latch broke. Since then, Jim has been looking for a new one on the Internet, without much luck. You see, my refrigerator is still the original one, so that makes it about 16 years old, and the parts are starting to get scarce. Well, anyway, he finally found one at a place down near Huston Texas, and yesterday, he ordered it. It should be here in a few days. I sure hope it fits.

The only time Jim and Linda went outside yesterday, was to go in the house for awhile last night. Nancy fixed another very nice meal, and then they visited and watched some TV before coming back out here.

Did you know that February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment