Troy, AL
71 deg. Clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 90 deg. mostly sunny with a 20% chance of afternoon rain. NE winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
After a good night's rest, we left Thomasville at about 10:00 and headed West on US 84. 84 took us across the Chattahoochee River, into Alabama, and to Dothan. There, we picked up US 213 which brought us up here to Troy, and the Deer Run RV Park. We pulled into the park at 1:20 pm, so we were on the road for 3 hours and 20 minutes and traveled 160 miles.
Now, I think there must be something magical about that Chattahoochee River. An amazing thing happened as I crossed it! I got that hour back that I lost back on the 8th of August when we crossed it heading East!! Now, you'll never guess what Jim wants to do. He wants to turn the clocks back one hour! I don't think so!!! I just got that hour back and I don't want to go back in time and take the chance of loosing it again!!
Oh well, back to the Deer Run RV Park. This is a very nice park. The area we are in has some shade trees, I am parked on a level cement pad, we have full hook-ups, cable TV, and free WI-FI. There is also a pool, and a hot tub. The price is a little higher than we usually like, but in this case, it's worth it. We would definitely stop here again.
Jim got an e-mail from Dave yesterday. You remember Dave, he's one of the "Illinois Bunch" that visited me when I was up in Rantoul, IL. Well, Dave knew who said that quote, (that I quoted), a few days ago about not discovering a new ocean without loosing site of the shore. He says that the author was Andre Gide, but he didn't know anything else about him.
Hmmm, I wonder how Dave knew that?
So far, we've been having great weather and staying well ahead of tropical storm Fay. Down here in AL, the news people are calling her "Fickle Fay", because she keeps doing strange and unusual things, like picking up speed and intensity when she is over land, and in general not doing what these storms usually do.
Maybe if she would cross that amazing Chattahoochee River, it would get her back to being a normal storm. :-)
Did you know that in Lee County, Alabama, it is illegal to sell peanuts after sunset on Wednesdays?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment