Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Test, Breakfast, Dinner, and A Closed Road

Orange City, FL.
73 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 88 deg. becoming cloudy with a 70% chance of rain, W. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.

Not a real lot happened yesterday. Jim and Lind left early to get Linda's blood test taken care of. After that, they went to a Perkins restaurant for breakfast, went to the UPS store and sent off a baby gift for Aaron's new baby, and then came back here and relaxed. Then, in the afternoon, Jim called Mike, up in NC, and talked to him for awhile. He told Jim that baby Dillon has been having problems with his ears, so they had taken him in to have those little tubes put into his ears. Other than that, everyone else up there seemed to be fine.

Jim really enjoys talking to Mike and Jeff, I don't know why they don't talk more often.

Soon after Jim got off the phone with Mike, Lindsey called and asked Linda if she and Jim would like to come over to their house for a spaghetti dinner that Laura was making. So, a little after 5:00 pm, Jim and Linda took CLT, stopped by the Win-Dixie grocery store to pick up a loaf of french bread, and headed to Laura and Lindsey's for a great meal. After dinner, Linda helped Laura correct a little problem with the wedding reception seating arrangement. I didn't really find out what was wrong, but it had something to do with the number of people coming, and the number of places at the tables.

Anyway, they got it figured out.

About 8:30 CLT brought Jim and Linda back here where they watched the Olympics on TV for awhile, and then went to bed.

Well, I had better wrap this up for now. I have to get ready to head down to Lakeland, FL this morning, to get my water heater replaced. I'm not looking forward to the trip down there. On the News they are saying that there is an accident or something just South of Orlando, and they have I-4 completely blocked off! Hopefully, they will get everything cleared up by the time we get there.

Did you know that on this date in 1851, Issac Singer patented the sewing machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment