Orange City, FL.
72 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 94 deg. partly cloudy, W. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
It wasn't 2 minutes after I posted yesterday, that I lost the Internet connection, and couldn't get it back. I guess I was lucky that I got anything at all posted. We've had that problem before, around Old Town, and I guess AT+T just doesn't have any towers in that area.
Anyway, The Original Suwannee River RV Park is kind of neat. There's lots of trees with Spanish moss hanging from them, and there is a canal, from the river that runs right along side of the park. Our site was right next to this canal, and we had a nice view of the water. Like I said, neat.
We left Old Town just before 10:00 AM yesterday morning and continued South on US 19 until we got to Chiefland, where we turned SE on Alt. 27. A little ways past Williston, we turned off on Rt. 326 and took it around the North side of Ocalla. 326 curves around to the South and ends when it gets to Rt. 40. Heading East on 40 brought us to Barberville, and US 17, where we turned South and followed it down here to Orange City, and the Orange City RV Resort. We pulled into the park just before 12:30, so we were on the road for about 2 1/2 hours and traveled 129 miles.
Those of you who have been following my travels since I started this blog thing, know that this is the park where we spend a lot of our time during the winters. It's close to Laura and Lindsey's, (about 15 minutes), they offer the Passport America rate during the summer, a fairly good monthly rate in the winter, the people in the office know Jim and Linda well, and it just kind of feels comfortable. We will be centrally located here for all of Anna's wedding activities next Saturday. Their house is about 15 minutes SW of here, the church is about 20 minutes NW of here, and the reception is about a half an hour to the East.
Did you know that today is S'mores Day? All of you out there that have a camp fire going, have one for me!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment