Waskom, TX
73 deg. mostly cloudy, NW winds @ 5 mph.
Forecast today = high temp. 90 deg. partly cloudy, 30% chance of showers.
Yep, we're still here at Miss Ellie's RV Park. Jim and Linda both decided that they needed a "kick-back" day, and since we all seem to like this park, it was an easy decision to make. About the only thing they did yesterday was to go and pick up a few groceries at the Hall Grocery Store in beautiful down town Waskom. Well, I don't know if it's beautiful or not, but I thought it sounded good. :-) After that it was nap time, and then in the evening, they watched the closing ceremonies for the Olympic Games.
I don't know about you, but I thought the closing ceremonies were kind of, (How should I put it?), dumb! After the great opening ceremonies, I was expecting something a lot more exciting than a bunch of people crawling around on a tower.
Oh, I found out something kind of neat about this park. When Jim went to the office to pay for another night, he asked Georgine, the park manager, who Miss Ellie was. She told him that the park was named after the owner's 8 year old daughter. When they purchased this park 3 years ago, she was 5 and they decided to name it after her.
Fickle Fay is still following me. She has slowed down, and is looking like she's going to head North, but today they are forecasting clouds and rain for almost the entire state of Louisiana, from the outer edges of her. They've downgraded her to a depression, and I can tell you that I'm getting depressed from her following me half way across the country. Go Away Fay!!!
Today we'll continue heading in a Westerly direction. I don't know if I told you or not, but Jim called a RV park in Amarillo and made a reservation for the Labor Day weekend. He told the lady we would be there on Friday, so we have plenty of time to get there.
Maybe we'll have another "kick-back" day along the way. :-)
Did you know that today is Kiss and Make Up Day?
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment