71 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 85 deg. becoming cloudy with a 60% chance of afternoon t-storms, SW winds @ 5 mph.
Yesterday morning and afternoon were spent watching TV, washing clothes, ironing a few items, and getting ready to go to Anna and Chris's wedding. About an hour before the wedding, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed to the church, which is about 10 miles North of here, in Deland.
Of course I wasn't there, but by all accounts, the wedding was great, the bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, and all of the parents, grandparents, and friends were there to witness the happy union.
The photo below is of (from left to right), Chris, Anna, Laura, and Lindsey.
I came across this quote the other day, and I have no idea who said it, but I thought it is very timely right now. See what you think.
"We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose site if the shore."
Anna and Chris are discovering that ocean. They are leaving everything that is familiar to them and heading into uncharted waters. What's out there for them? Only time will tell. Will they have smooth sailing? Probably most of the way. They are willing to take the risk of exploring those uncharted waters because of their love for one-another. I wish them well.
Going full-timing in an RV is kind of like that too. We leave everything behind and take off down the road to explore, (to us), uncharted roads and places we have only heard about. Will the roads be smooth? Probably not. Will there be giant pot-holes in the road? More than likely. Can we overcome those bumpy roads and pot-holes? Only if we really have a strong desire to continue on.
Don't wait for calm seas or smooth roads. There will always be waves and bumpy roads. If you really have the desire, do it, and don't look back, because the sea or the road to return, may be rougher than the one you are on.
Did you know that the reason the wedding band is worn on the 4th finger of he left hand is because the ancient Egyptians thought that the "vein of love" ran directly from this finger to the heart?
Oh, that hurricane? It's headed our way. I think we'll try to get out of here tomorrow, right after Linda's doctor appointment. If I can't post on this blog for a few days, it will because of the storm, or an area we might be in with poor cell service. Already, there seems to be a lot of traffic on the Internet down here, (I had trouble getting connected), and I expect it to get worse in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment