73 deg. cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 86 deg. cloudy with a 60% chance of rain and t storms. SW winds @ 10 to 15 mph.
I found these photo's on Jim's camera. He must have taken them sometime yesterday, when I wasn't paying attention. This first one is of the sign that is out next to Rt. 33.
Anyway, Lester put everything back together, and by 10:20, Jim had paid the bill, hooked CLT to the back of me, and we were pulling out of the parking lot. At first I thought Jim was turning me the wrong way as we pulled out of the shop, but then I found out that he had found a place for me to get a drink of good old #2 diesel fuel, when he and Linda had gone out to eat the previous night. After my drink, we headed back to I-4, turned NE on it, and followed it back here to the park in Orange City.
The road was really crowded as we passed through Orlando, so it took us a little longer to get back to the park than I thought it would. It was about 1:00pm by the time we got back here, so it took us about 2 hours and 40 minutes to travel the 82 miles, but that does include the time it took for me to get my drink.
After they rested up a little, Jim and Linda took CLT (Cute Little Truck), and headed over to the Shopping Mall in Sanford. Linda needed to get something for Anna's wedding present, (of course I can't tell you what it was, because Anna may read this blog), but let's just say, Linda got what she needed and now she can finish the project. With the shopping done, they stopped at a Steak and Shake Restaurant and grabbed a burger before they came back here to the park.
Did you know that it was on this date in 1945 that Japan surrendered to the United States, ending World War II?
Hmmm! I wonder how Louise is doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment