Lakeland, FL.
72 deg. mostly cloudy, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 90 deg. cloudy, 30% chance of t-storms, SW winds @ 10 to 20 mph.
I have hot water!!!
We left Orange City about 9:00 yesterday morning and headed SW on I-4. I'm glad to report that the accident or whatever it was was that had I-4 closed, was all cleared up by the time we got there and we had no delays at all. We pulled into the Central Florida Coach Works lot at 10:20, so we were on the road for 1 hour and 20 minutes and traveled 79 miles.
Folks, if you're ever in need or repair or service on your RV when you're anywhere near Lakeland, FL, give Central Florida Coach Works a call at 866-984-3801, toll free. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They do excellent work, are very careful not to make any messes inside or outside of the RVs, have competitive pricing and are very friendly and willing to answer all your questions.
This is definitely a "Good Guys" place to get your RV worked on.
Within 15 minutes of arriving, Lester, (one of the head mechanics, and my favorite), backed me into one of the bays, plugged me into a 50A outlet, and started making calls to find a new water heater for me. He located one and within about another hour, he was starting to remove the old one and install the new one. By 3:00 I had the new water heater installed, and it was heating the water.
OK, now I can hear you asking, If you have the new water heater installed, why are you still there? Well, Lester wants to make sure that there are no leaks, so he wants to check it this morning, and also, he or Dave, (the other head mechanic), are going to check out my refrigerator. I don't know if I told you or not, but sometimes it quits operating, when it is running on propane, so Jim is going to have it serviced. Lester didn't want to start working on it so late in the day, so he pulled me out of the bay and parked me in the fenced-in lot next to the building. I am parked on the blacktop section of the lot, plugged into a 50A outlet, and there is water available if I need it. I had a very comfortable night.
About 6:00 pm, Jim and Linda took CLT and headed into Polk City and went to the Country Angels Restaurant. Just about every time we're here in Lakeland, Jim and Linda go there. It's a little place, but they have great home-cooked food at a reasonable price. Linda had pot roast, and Jim had flounder.
After they got back here, they watched the Olympics, until after midnight, and then went to bed.
About 8:00 this morning, I expect Lester or Dave to come out here to do a final check of the water heater for leaks, and start working on my refrigerator. I don't know just how long that will take, but barring any unforeseen problems, I should be back in Orange City by tonight.
Did you know that on this date in 1942, Disney's Bambi opened at Radio City Music Hall, in New York City?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment