Thonotosassa, FL.
51 deg. overcast, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 79 deg. partly cloudy, SE winds @ 10 to 15 mph.
I've got to start out by going back to Sunday, and telling you about a phone call. You long time readers will remember me talking about Roland and Louise, (Jim and Linda's very good friends), and the horrible accident they had last March. Well, after playing "phone tag" they finally were able to have conversations, and the news out of Forest City, NC was really good. Louise is finally able to walk, (with assistance of a walker), fairly long distances, and she actually was able to get up the steps of Big Herb, (their Winnebago Journey MH), for the first time since the accident!!! Now folks, this is great news!!! If Louise is able to get into Big Herb, that means they will finally be able to go RVing, and just maybe, they can resume their full-timing lifestyle some day!!
Congratulations Louise!!!! :-)
Also on Sunday, Jim tried to call a couple that they had met down in Branson, MO, at the RV Dreams Rally last spring. They are Bob and Wanda Fry, and they live here in the Tampa / St Petersburg area. Well, anyway, they weren't home when Jim called, but Bob returned Jim's call yesterday, and after talking for awhile, it was decided that they would come to see me Wednesday afternoon!! Now, I've never met Bob and Wanda, but Jim and Linda "hit it off" with them at the rally and if Jim and Linda like them, I'm sure I will too.
You know, it's really strange, how when you meet some people you instantly have a good feeling about them, and many times, you end up being very good friends. From what I can tell, this is what happened at the rally. Bob and Wanda just happened to be sitting at the same table as Jim and Linda at one of the dinners or something, and they just started talking. Well, before you knew it, they were exchanging phone numbers and address, and now, since we're in the area where they live, Jim made a phone call, and made arrangements to meet up again.
You just never know. When you meet someone, they very well may end up being life long friends.
Yesterday, it was decided that Jim and Linda would go over to Denny and Bev's RV and they would order a pizza for dinner. Well, they did, they ordered it, it came, they ate it, and had a good evening of conversation in the process. Jim and Linda always enjoy getting together with them.
Well, I'd better get going. I need to start getting ready for my company that is coming tomorrow. I want to try to look nice when they come. First impressions are important, you know. ;-)
Did you know that about 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is GREAT news about Louise! So glad to hear she's finally seeing some progress. I know you all are thrilled.
ReplyDelete