Friday, February 20, 2009

Still No Prescription and Trip to Lakeland

Lakeland, FL.
49 deg. clear, light NW breeze
Forecast today = high temp. 61 deg. clear, N. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
.
I know, I didn't post here yesterday, but between me being upset about having to come here to Lakeland to see my mechanic and having to leave by 9:00 yesterday morning, it just didn't get done.

.
Wednesday wasn't a good day at all. I got all upset about having to come here to Lakeland, Jim wasn't feeling very well, and Linda spent most of the day on the phone trying to get her one remaining prescription filled.

.
The pharmacy kept telling Linda that they couldn't contact the doctor, so Linda called the doctors office, (at least 3 times), and by the time Linda called the pharmacy the last time, there was a different person there, and they didn't have any idea what was happening, and told her that the prescription was not ready. By this time, Linda was also upset, and she just hung up the phone! Now, let me tell you, it takes a lot to upset Linda, but this was the last straw.

.
Yesterday morning, after hugs and handshakes, we left Southern Aire right at 9:00. We headed back to I-10 and took it NE to Lakeland, and here to Creative Coach, http://www.creativecoach.com/ , and pulled into the crowded parking lot at the front of the building. It was 9:40 when we pulled in, so it took us 40 minutes to travel 33 miles. This place is actually just across the street from where my mechanic, (Lester), was working last year.
.
After a short time, I was being parked at the side of the building, and Lester was checking out my problems, ordering parts, and starting to work on me.
.
I don't know how long we'll be here. Some of the parts have to come from California, others from Iowa, and I don't think everything is ordered yet. I know I'll have to stay at least until the middle of next week.

Did you know that on this date in 1962 John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth?

I still don't like going to my mechanic!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! Please don't be nervous, the mechanic is your friend.

    ReplyDelete