Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Minor Repair, Dinner, and A Dumb Thing

Quartzsite, AZ.
46 deg. clear, light NW breeze.
Forecast today = high temp. 83 deg. clear, NE winds @ 5 to 10 mph.

Yesterday, Jim took a couple of short walks around this area to check out some of the other boon-docking areas, and then got out his ladder and checked out the sealant on the right rear corner of me. You see, when we were along the coast, in Oregon, there was a slight leak that showed up near the bedroom window on that side. Now, if you remember, it was raining hard with a very strong wind blowing, so maybe, it just came in around the sliding glass, but Jim thought he had better check it out to make sure. He did find a few very small cracks in the caulking and repaired them, so now we'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Speaking of rain, Yesterday, the weather lady got all excited that one week from today, there is a chance for a rain shower here. I guess the rain is so sparse in this area, that any chance of rain is cause for excitement.

Jim cooked a steak out on the grill for dinner last night. It was large enough that he and Linda were able to share it. Linda cooked up some peas for Jim and some cabbage for her, and along with some bakery bread, it made a real feast.

Oh, I almost forgot! You'll never guess what someone did with their RV yesterday! I looked up, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Here was this guy driving across the desert in his Motorhome, with his slide-out rooms extended!! Now, I'm sure the RV manufacturer didn't design the MH to do that! I mean, it's bumpy here, with dips and humps, it's definitely not like driving down a road! That had to knock something out of alignment!

That was really a dumb thing to do. And now, I suppose the guy will be back at the dealer telling him that his slide-outs don't work right anymore, and can't understand why.

Did you know that I am parked in the Sonoran Desert, and that it is one of the largest and hottest deserts in North America, and covers an area of 120,000 square miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment