50 deg. clear, light NE breeze.
Forecast today = high temp. 78 deg. partly cloudy, E. winds @ 5 to 10 mph.
Before we left the Boon-dock area in the desert yesterday morning, we were treated with a beautiful sun-rise. I don't know if Jim hasn't found all the settings on his camera yet, or what, but I think the sunrise was even prettier than this picture shows.
When we turned into the park, I wasn't sure I was going to make the turn. Coming from the West, like we did, you have to make a right turn into the park, and immediately make another right turn once in the park. It's like making a real sharp U-turn. Anyway, I made it, (by inches) and pulled up to the office to get registered.
It was 1:30 when we got here, so it took us 3 hrs and 50 minutes to get me my drink and travel 186 miles.
This seems to be a really friendly park. Many people have already come around and talked to Jim and Linda, and at 3:30, they went over to the clubhouse and joined many of the people from the park for a "Happy Hour". There, Jim and Linda introduced themselves and got to know a lot of the people. They also found out about activities that are will be going on in the park, and, since we're going to be staying here for at least 2 weeks, signed up for the Thanksgiving dinner that they will be having.
After Happy Hour, Jim and Linda took CLT and went into town, found a Pizza Hut restaurant, and had a nice dinner. Then they came back here, watched some TV and then went to bed after the news.
.
Did you know that Casa Grande means "big house" in Spanish?
No comments:
Post a Comment