Casa Grande, AZ
49 deg. clear, no wind.
Forecast today = high temp. 67 deg. partly cloudy, light SW breeze.
Well, did all of you have a good Thanksgiving? I know I did, and I'm sure Jim and Linda did too.
I was going to drive up on my soapbox this morning, and complain about the Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV yesterday, but after almost 24 hours, I've changed my mind. What was I going to do that for, you ask? Well, first of all I was going to give you the definition of a parade, which Wikipedia says, is a procession of people, bands, floats, fire trucks and sometimes large balloons going down a street.
But I won't do that.
Then I was going to give you the definition of a procession, which means, to go forth, advance, proceed.
But I won't do that either.
Then I was going to rant and rave about how it was almost an hour into the program before we ever saw a marching band or float, and then after it started, how every few minutes I had to watch someone sing, dance, or perform some kind of skit, and how they spent more time on that, instead of showing the floats, bands, and balloons, which actually make up a parade.
But again, I won't do that.
Another thing I was going to rant and rave about, was how they expected any small child, (who was watching to see the floats, balloons, and Santa Clause), to have a long enough attention span to keep on watching, for all that time. And how Jim and Linda even lost interest, and finally turned the TV off after watching about 1/2 of the so-called parade.
But, I'm sure you can tell by now, that I've settled down, so I won't do that either.
I'm sure glad I didn't bother driving up on that soap box today. ;-)
About 1:45 Jim and Linda headed over to the Clubhouse, and had an excellent dinner, with all the trimmings. There were lots of people there, and from what I could gather from the people walking down the street in front of me, after the meal, everyone really enjoyed it.
Oh, I've got to admit that the weather people were right yesterday. It did rain some more, and in fact, we even had some small hail! It didn't last long though, only for about an hour, so I don't think it spoiled too many plans.
Did you know that the day after Thanksgiving is not the biggest shopping day of the year? Actually, it's the day before Christmas when all the last-minute shoppers hit the stores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment